Chipotle Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- 1 large red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 2 lb. peeled and deveined, large cooked shrimp with tails
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 to 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- Cut onion and bell peppers into thin strips and layer with shrimp in a large zip-lock bag.
- Whisk together ketchup, cilantro, lime juice, zest, orange juice and chopped chipotle peppers and pour over shrimp in the bag. Seal and chill, allowing to marinate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour into a bowl when ready to serve, enjoy!
Chipotle & Rosemary Roasted Nuts
- Vegetable oil
- 3 cups whole roasted unsalted cashews (14 ounces)
- 2 cups whole walnut halves (7 ounces)
- 2 cups whole pecan halves (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whole almonds (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan generously with vegetable oil. Combine the cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, the maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice, and chipotle powder on the sheet pan. Toss to coat the nuts evenly. Add 2 tablespoons of the rosemary and 2 teaspoons of salt and toss again.
- Spread the nuts in one layer. Roast the nuts for 25 minutes, stirring twice with a large metal spatula, until the nuts are glazed and golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 2 more teaspoons of salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons of rosemary.
- Toss well and set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking as they cool. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight containers at room temperature.