Rosemary Ranch Salmon
- 4 salmon filets
- kosher salt
- 1 lemon
- fresh rosemary, chopped finely (about 1 tablespoon)
- ranch dressing (about ⅓ cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking. I used foil for easy cleanup.
- Cut filets into individual serving sizes if large, about 3 inches wide. Sprinkle with kosher salt and rinse with water. Pat dry and place on prepared baking sheet. (see note)
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over filets. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Chop fresh rosemary finely and sprinkle on top. I chopped about a full tablespoon but you can do more or less to taste. The flavor will become more mild when baked.
- Spread ranch dressing evenly on top. I just added enough for an even layer on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, skin side down (if yours have skin). Mine were from Costco and were skinless.
- Transfer to top rack and broil for 1-3 minutes or until top mixture is hot and bubbly and beginning to brown. You just want little specks of brown starting to happen. Serve immediately.
Chipotle & Rosemary Roasted Nuts
- Vegetable oil
- 3 cups whole roasted unsalted cashews (14 ounces)
- 2 cups whole walnut halves (7 ounces)
- 2 cups whole pecan halves (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whole almonds (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan generously with vegetable oil. Combine the cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, the maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice, and chipotle powder on the sheet pan. Toss to coat the nuts evenly. Add 2 tablespoons of the rosemary and 2 teaspoons of salt and toss again.
- Spread the nuts in one layer. Roast the nuts for 25 minutes, stirring twice with a large metal spatula, until the nuts are glazed and golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 2 more teaspoons of salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons of rosemary.
- Toss well and set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking as they cool. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight containers at room temperature.